A Different Kind of Lawyer
Intense, Thorough Legal Representation
Your freedom and your opinion of my performance are paramount. I restrict the number of criminal defense clients and cases I handle because higher quality criminal defense requires having fewer legal cases on my docket. I will not dash in and out of the courtrooms in Fort Bend or Harris County, I will be there to protect and defend you. The reasoning is simple: if you appreciate the legal defense job I have provided and the legal results obtained, then you will be a positive source of criminal defense referrals for me from others in need of a criminal defense attorney in Wharton County, Harris County and Fort Bend County.
Often, people call and ask how much I charge for a certain legal defense. First, I rarely discuss legal fees over the telephone. Your freedom is too important for a 30 second legal defense conversation. I prefer to make an appointment and discuss the legal case in person before we start talking about money. Every individual and factual scenario to a criminal offese idictment is different; therfore, I will not set a fee without having a detailed discussion about your legal case. I refuse to run my law office like a fast food restaurant like so many other defense lawyers in Fort Bend and Harris Counties.
What Low Volume, High Quality Legal Representation Means to You:
It means systematic, regular, and efficient communication with the legal clients. Effective communication demonstrates loyalty, confidence and preparation of your legal defense in Fort Bend or Harris County. I will:
- Communicate the steps to be taken in your legal defense.
- Estimate the time frame for each step in your criminal defense.
- Determine the potential results of each action we take in your legal defense.
- Dispell any false impressions or expectations concerning the criminal justice system.
- Describe the criminal defense process in a way the client can understand.
Advantages for Clearly Communicating with Clients Include:
- An educated client will have a much better idea of what is important to the legal case and will be able to provide information and ask questions that will help him or her to develop more coherent criminal defense theories and more effective strategies in the Fort Bend County Courts or Harris County Courts.
- Keeping clients informed of their legal rights and expectations helps them manage the stress of the criminal justice system.
- An informed legal client is a satisfied client and that relates to more criminal defense referrals for me in Fort Bend County and Harris County.
What a Client Should Expect from his Criminal Defense Attorney:
- Ethical and active criminal defense of his client under criminal indictments.
- Presentation of all the options to his client with recommendations and professional legal opinions.
- Preparing his client completely for each step in the legal process.
- Review of all possible defense scenarios and interview all witnesses and review evidence in support of the client’s case.
- Develop a theme to the legal defense - the theme is composed of a powerful criminal defense strategy and a course of action to present reasonable doubt or otherwise minimize exposure or punishments.
If you are in need of legal consultation in the Fort Bend / Harris County / Wharton County area contact Houston Criminal Defense Attorney David Kiatta for a free one-hour legal consultation by calling (713) 785-8005.